Learn More About The Project!
For many years our community has talked about the need for more recreational activities. The planned park will be placed near Lakeshore Drive at the southeast corner of McKinley Ave. and L St. The new park is planned to include:
- Splash Pad
- Shaded Picnic Area
The park’s location on the Lake Eufaula cove is perfect to tie in with the nearby pavilion, sand volleyball court, 18-hole disc golf course, lakeside walking trail, and so much more!
In addition to this fundraiser, we have received the following generous contributions from our community members:
- $32,500 donation from the Smith Foundation of Eufaula, OK
- $1,000 donation from the Bank of Eufaula
- $1,000 donation from Jason Burns
- $70,000 commitment of in-kind labor and materials from Angela and Zach McQuay, of McQuay Construction, Stites Furniture, and Ragz Carwash, of Eufaula, OK
- $1,000 donation from Rayburn CPA, of Eufaula, OK
- $1,000 donation from Dr. Barrett Newton of Eufaula Chiropractic, of Eufaula, OK
- $1,000 donation from Shawn and Andrea O’Brien of SPO Investments, of Eufaula, OK
- $5,000 donation from Farmers State Bank, of Eufaula, OK
- $1,000 donation from James and Linda Duty, of Eufaula OK
- $1,000 donation from Simple Simon’s Pizza, of Eufaula, OK
- $1,000 donation from Taycon Stone Company, of Eufaula, OK
- $281,722 grant from the Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department which will fund 50% of the project.
The total project cost is estimated to be $562,000. Because the project will be bid out, the final cost may come in higher or lower than the estimate. If there are additional funds available, we will make additional improvements such as more splash pad toys.
If you would like to learn more about this project please feel free to contact the City Manager at 918-689-2534 or CM@CityofEufaulaOK.com.