The Eufaula Public Works Authority began the process for major water line improvements in 2018. After conducting a city-wide water analysis and adopting a capital improvement plan for the water system, the EPWA was approved for a $7,185,000 loan from the Oklahoma Water Resource Board in December 2018. Engineering survey and design work began immediately on the replacement of over 60,000 feet of water lines, 75 isolation valves and 70 fire hydrants.
- April 12: All engineering submitted to DEQ. Complete.
- Late April/Early May: DEQ issues permit for water system improvements. Complete.
- June 7: Bid opening for first project and submission to DEQ for approval (minimum 21-day bid period with an additional week). Complete.
- Early June: DEQ approves and recommends the loan closing for $6,185,000. Complete.
- June 18: Eufaula Public Works Authority consideration for approval of the loan documents. Complete.
- August/September: Begin construction on Package A. 60% Complete as of 2/25/20.
- February: Continue working with grant agencies for potential extra funding for Packages B and C.
- April: Finalize grant funding documentation.
- May: Advertise bids for Packages B and C.
- July: Complete Package A.
- August: Begin construction for Packages B and C.
- December: Complete construction for Packages B and C.
Water Sewer Rate Table Charges - Effective for the October 2019 Billing Cycle