Posted @ City Hall, 64 Memorial Drive, Eufaula, OK 74432 July 29, 2016 @ 4:00 P.M.
CITY OF EUFAULA, OK
First & High Street
Eufaula, OK 74432
AUGUST 1, 2016
City Council and Eufaula Public Works Authority
The City of Eufaula encourages participation from all its citizens in public meetings. If participation is not possible due to a disability, notify the City Clerk, in writing, at least forty eight hours prior to the scheduled meeting and necessary accommodations will be made (ADA 28CRF/36).
Council Rules of Decorum limit citizen comments on agenda items, non-agenda items, and public hearings to five (5) minutes. Any person desiring to address the Council during such period is required to sign in with the City Clerk, provide their name, address and specify the agenda item they wish to address. Remarks shall be directed to the matter being considered and the speaker is allowed to speak only one time. If written materials are to be submitted ten (10) copies should be made available, and may not be returned. Under Oklahoma Law, the Council Members are prohibited from discussing or taking any action on items not on today’s agenda.
Mayor James Duty
Vice Mayor Donald Berryhill
Council Member Roger Barton
Council Member Frank Davis
Council Member Nick Pendley
EUFAULA CITY COUNCIL
AUGUST 1, 2016
CALL TO ORDER MAYOR JAMES DUTY
All matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine by the City Council and will be enacted by one motion. There will not be separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and will be considered separately. The item will then be placed in its proper order on the regular meeting and will be considered at that time.
5. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
A. REGULAR COUNCIL MEETING July 11, 2016.
6. APPROVAL OF THE TREASURER’S REPORT
7. RECEIPT OF CLAIMS: CITY OF EUFAULA
ITEMS REMOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA
8. Consider, discuss and vote to approve the appointment of Wayne McKnight to the Planning and Zoning and Board of Adjustment for the remaining three (3) year term of Floyd Smith ending June 30, 2018, or take any other appropriate action.
9. Consider, discuss and vote to vacate Resolution 16-4-2 changing street name from Golding Street to Sunset Strip between the blocks of Selmon Road and 4th Street approved April 4, 2016, or take any other appropriate action.
10. Consider, discuss and vote to approve Ordinance 16-8-1 designating the Blocks from Selmon Road to 4th street of Sunset Strip (formerly known as Golding Street) Honorarily as ‘Golding Street’; and re-naming the park located between Blocks 2 and 3 of Sunset Strip (formerly known as Golding Street) from ‘Kiwanis Park’ to “Golding Park”, or take any other appropriate action.
11. Consider, discuss and vote to approve Ordinance 16-8-2 pertaining to finance and taxation amending ordinance 95-6-3, Eufaula code of ordinances, by enacting a new addition to all other excise taxes assessed and levied by the City of Eufaula, Oklahoma, and all other taxing authorities, upon the gross proceeds or gross receipts derived from all rent for every occupancy of a room in a hotel in the city, providing that the tax shall be in effect on and after January 1, 2017; providing that all other provisions of ordinance 95-6-3 of the Eufaula Code of Ordinances are not amended hereby and shall remain in full force and effect; requiring approval of this Ordinance by majority of the registered, qualified voters of the City voting at an election to be held for such purpose as provided by law; providing for severability of the provisions of this Ordinance; providing for an effective date; and requiring the full text be published, or take any other appropriate action.
12. Consider, discuss and vote to approve Resolution 16-8-1 authorizing the calling and holding of an election in the City of Eufaula, Sate of Oklahoma, for the purpose of the approval or rejection of Ordinance No. 16-8-2 of the City relating to a nine percent (9.0%) excise tax of the City on the gross receipts derived from all rent for every occupancy of a room in a hotel in the City, or take any other appropriate action.
13. RECOGNIZE CITIZENS WISHING TO SPEAK TO THE MAYOR AND COUNCIL.
Note: Under Oklahoma Law, the Council Members are prohibited from discussing or taking any action on items not on today’s agenda.
14. CITY MANAGER REPORT GREG BUCKLEY
15. CITY ATTORNEY REPORT KAY WALL
16. REMARKS AND INQUIRIES BY CITY COUNCIL
EUFAULA PUBLIC WORKS AUTHORITY
AUGUST 1, 2016
1. ROLL CALL / ATTENDANCE CITY CLERK, VALARIE COX
2. RECEIPT OF CLAIMS: EUFAULA PUBLIC WORKS AUTHORITY
Posted @ City Hall, 64 Memorial Drive,